Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Papercrafting Adventures Have Begun

I've been toying with the idea of getting into papercraft for a while. After all, I love seeing all those cute papers, embellishments and stamps. The paper department was one of my favorites to work when I had a part-time job at a craft store a while ago. I felt excited (and a bit overwhelmed) by looking at different patterns, colors, textures... oh my. I haven't actually got into this craft, however, because I didn't want to add even more tools and materials to my current craft tools and materials that have already been flooding our house. So I was just grazing the paper goodies at stores hoping one day I'd start working on them.

And that one day has come.

Lately, it's become difficult to find the time to work on my crochet or knitting projects. Of course, I can find a time here and there while my baby naps. But I don't see an obvious progress if I crochet or knit this way. I don't feel like I'm creating anything. Lack of an evident progress makes me a bit frustrated. Then, here comes the card making. I could actually complete (or almost complete) a card project while the little one is sleeping. My creative side is satisfied :)

Now I'm finally at a point where I can show the cards I created. The above photo is the father's day cards we've sent to my father and my husband's. I wanted to make them cheerful and a bit classy. I think I was able to achieve that.

This one is for my hubby for his first ever father's day. I wanted to make it like his son made it. My husband loves maps. And maps show that he's guiding his son's life journey, so I thought it was appropriate. What do you think? :)

If you've checked out my etsy shop lately, you'd notice that I've been working on my new product line. And here it is - paper goodies! I'm still working on new skills to have fully decorated cards in my shop but expect some paper goodies like gift tags to show up in my etsy shop pretty soon! I'm so excited, and I hope you are too :)

Related to that, I'm clearing out my current inventories of crochet and knitting items. You can get great used craft books and my original cat blankets at a great discounted price, so hop over to my etsy shop to have a look. thanks!

Finally, this doesn't mean I'll stop crochet or knit. I still have so many things I'd like to make. It's just that it'll take a little longer to complete one project. Please come back here again to check out what I've created if you read my blog because you're interested in crochet or knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment