Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

[vegan mofo day 19] Collard green rolls with lentils

Collard green rolls. Filling is made by mixing lentils, chopped green beans and red peppers, panko, flax seeds as a binder, water and olive oil. Stewed in tomato sauce. I just used leftover pasta sauce. I thinned it out, drizzled some olive oil and placed two bay leaves to make it more flavorful. 

This really reminded me of the cabbage rolls my mother used to make and I felt good. Although, I put too much flax seeds and the filling ended up being a bit too slimy :( I don't hate the slimy texture but I might try baking the leftovers to see if they will have a more cooked texture.

The collard green rolls were served with roasted potatoes and homemade bread. Trying to mimic the collard green rolls, I made a mixture of tomato sauce, kale and lentils with a dash of olive oil for Baby. He also had mashed potato and bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment