Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

[vegan mofo day 23] Dining Out

Since my parents are visiting, the last week of my vegan mofo posts will digress from the vegan foods on a budget theme and I guess I'll just journal what I eat this week.

Last night we went to chipotle. I don't think it's necessary to mention that I love this restaurant, when so many vegans are already showing their love. But let me say that it's so nice that I don't have to play a guessing game when eating out. The only thing though is that we don't have sofritas in our region yet! I'd love to try it. When will it go nationwide??

For today's lunch, we went out to an Italian restaurant. We've decided to share our meals so we ordered a couple of non-vegan meals for everybody else but me plus a couple of what I thought were vegan meals. Unfortunately, I misread the menu and the pasta we ordered had cheese in it. Oooops. So I just had the salad that I asked to leave out the cheese from, and the bread. The salad had a few kinds of grilled vegetables and actually was pretty good. Everybody else had a glass of wine but I had to have a non-alcohol drink because I'm still breastfeeding. Too bad :(

I gave Baby some food before we went out, but he looked like he wanted to eat with us. So we shared some bread and the vegetables. He loved them a lot. Now he had a taste of grown up food (as opposed to kinda bland babyfood), I'm not sure if he'll be satisfied with babyfood anymore ;)

What did you do when you misread the menu and what you ordered wasn't actually vegan? Or am I the only one who makes such mistakes? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment