Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

DIY air freshener

With the smell of LO's diaper pail getting stronger (ugh), I needed a good air freshener. I could easily buy one of those at a store but I gave a try on a DIY air freshener I found on pinterest. And it works great!

It's super easy and inexpensive. Basically what you need is a container, baking soda and essential oil. I actually used fragrance oil I found at Hobby Lobby to cut more cost (although essential oil would probably be better). So I had to add more than "several drops" called for in the instructions and to leave the lid open, but it does work. It makes your room smell fresh but is not overpowering like store-bought ones.

I believe there are more instructions online but the two I found on pinterest are:

and

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I needed! I've been trying to figure out an Eco-friendly (and cheap) way to freshen up the air in my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's right. it's also eco-friendly :) I hope this works in your apartment too!

      Delete